Top Menu

Search This Blog

Pages

Samsung I5700, My Android Gadget

Well, my decision on choosing Samsung I5700 a.k.a. Galaxy Spica is because this Android phone is cheap and powered by 800MHz processor. Besides that, this phone firmware is easily upgradeable to Eclair 2.1 (its original firmware was Cupcake 1.5).

Samsung Galaxy Spica I5700
Samsung Galaxy Spica supports GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and HSDPA 900/2100. Its TFT capacitive touchscreen is responsive and easy to navigate with clear 16 million colors, although the screen is somewhat hard to read under sunlight. Still, I think it's hard to tap on the edge of the screen, like other touchscreen phone is.

The built in GPS system works well with Google Map and other applications that I tried to install. So does the accelerometer that auto-rotates the user interface when I rotate the phone.

The sound quality of this Samsung I5700 Android phone is not superior, though. But its Divx codecs support gives a positive value so that I can watch any Divx encoded movies while I'm on the go.

Compared to my old Nokia smartphone, this Samsung Android phone is more power hungry that I have to charge the batteries more often. With a full charge, the battery lasts only one day to one and half. Maybe it's because I'm still in the stage of exploring the phone and not letting the phone idle for long :-)

This is a video from Phone Arena about Samsung Galaxy Spica I5700

Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates